Wednesday 31 October 2012

i won the leibster AND the versatile blogger award!

Helloooo! Well, considering I've only been blogging around a month, I was super excited when I saw I'd been nominated for this by the wonderful Rachael over at '5'1, is the new 6'2'.
I'll be honest, I was (and still am) sliiiightly confused about exactly what it is, but nevertheless, I'm incredibly proud to get it, it makes me feel like what I'm saying is actually getting somewhere. So, let me get on with it, time for you to get to know me better!

So, here is the Leibster award, and how it works!
- Each person must post 11 things about themselves
- Answer the questions the nominator made for you and also create 11 more questions for the blogs you nominate
- Choose 11 people and link them to your post
- Go to their page and tell them.
- No tag backs! - Easy - enjoy!


And here's the versatile award:
- If you are nominated, you've been awarded the Versatile Blogger award.
- Thank the person who gave you this award.
- Include a link to their blog.
- Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you've recently discovered or follow regularly.
- Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award with a link to their blog.
- Finally, tell  7 things about yourself.


Here are my 11 questions from Rachael:

  1. Why do you blog? I blog because I have always wanted to get what I have to say out there! Originally, I did it so I could get a bit of experience in Journalism before starting a course at University, but now I've really gotten into it, it's something I'm quite serious about, it has changed my career prospects and it just makes me super happy.
  2. Hair care or make-up if you had to pick one? I'm going to have to say make-up! I can deal with my hair not looking it's best (just about!) but I love trying out new make-up.
  3. If you could pick any city for a night out which and why? I would love to try Manchester one night! I've never been but I know so many people who say so many good things about it.
  4. Heels or Flats and why? (I know which I am! *cough* heels *cough*) Heels! I'd love to wear heels all the time. They're so prettyyyy. 
  5. Your BIGGEST annoyance about blogging? Not being able to think of anything decent to blog! Or getting an idea, starting it and then realising that what you're saying is just completely pointless. 
  6. Craziest drunk act? I don't think I really have anything! I'm quite a sensible junk, I'm quite a funny drunk rather than a 'crazy act' drunk.
  7. Can you speak any other languages, if so, what? If not, do you want to? I can speak German and French, to an extent. That was going on 3 years ago though haha.
  8. Would you ever sky dive? (I have a strange curiosity about this hehe) No way. No. Not at all. No... No. 
  9. Favourite phrase/quote and why? Treat people how you wish to be treated. I think it's incredibly important, if you respect someone, they'll respect you. If they don't respect you, they're not worth your time. 
  10. What's your dream job? My dream job would be to work in theatre. I did Performing Arts and Music at college, but as much as I'd love to do it, a dream is all it is to me. 
  11. Have you read an erotic novel - if yes, which and why? (Don't you ladies lie to me!) Well I've read the 50 Shade series! That's all though. I started reading it before the 'hype'. My friend recommended it to me, but didn't exactly say what it was about, cheeky!


My 11 questions to my nominees are:

  1. What is your must-have item of make-up?
  2. Where do you see yourself in 10 years time?
  3. What's your favourite food? Sushi, Mexican, etc..?
  4. What made you start blogging?
  5. When you walk into a make-up store, what's the first stall you find yourself going towards?
  6. Name your three favourite blogs. 
  7. What's your favourite season?
  8. If you could choose anywhere in the world, where would you live?
  9. How independent do you think you are? 
  10. If you were an animal, what would you be and why?
  11. What's on your christmas list this year?


The 11 blogs I'm nominating for the Leibster award are also nominated for the Versatile award!
Here are the blogs I've chosen:
As if you hadn't heard enough about me, I have to tell you 7 more things about me, apparently! 
  1. I am addicted to cats. Literally. 
  2. I'm a sucker for Come Dine With Me, I'm actually watching it now.
  3. I wasn't very fashion aware until I started this blog, even now I need help!
  4. I carved my first ever pumpkin last night, it was a cat hahaha.
  5. I volunteer in a charity shop and I LOVE it. Such a good laugh.
  6. Sandwiches are my fave food eveeeeer.
  7. My favourite films are the Harry Potter series! 
If I've nominated you, and you complete this, link me to it so I can find out more about you!! 
So, that's taken me probably an hour to do, and I'm desperate for a shower! 
Thank you so much for the nomination, I really hope that you guys like my blog and I'm getting somewhere with it! 



8 comments:

  1. Thankyou for tagging! I love the random things about you! <3 xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for nominating me!

    I filled it out!

    xx

    http://kimberley-xxx.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/i-got-nominated-for-leibster-award-and.html

    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem, you're so sweet!
      I've just read through it, love your answers, especially to number one about the eyebrow pencil, I'm the same. Couldn't live without it!! Xxx

      Delete
  3. Thank you for nominating me!
    I've just done it if you want to look x
    http://britishbeautygeek.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/leibster-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awh thanks for nominating me! I'm doing up the post now!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate all comments left and take my time reading and replying to them all, thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...