Tuesday 2 October 2012

what's on my face

Okay, so I've seen a few people do this and I thought it would be a fun thing to do! Sorry for the awful quality picture though, I was made for behind the camera!


















So lets start from the top!
Press 'Read More' below to find out :).






Eyes:
For my eyebrows, I actually use an eyeliner from No7 called Amazing Eyes pencil in number 10, brown. It looks like they don't stock this anymore however an equivalent would be this, but without the blender! I just find it's a really nice colour, easy to apply and rarely smudges at all.

For my eyeliner, I use Maybelline's Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner. At first I was reaaally uneasy about using it, I had never applied eyeliner with a brush before, I was unsure how the eyeliner would go on, it was more of an impulse buy however this is a really good product, it applies nicely, the brush is stiff enough to create perfect lines but I was disappointed with the colour. Although it is named 'blackest black', I found that when it dried it looked a little dull and needed going over a couple of times. Despite the colour issues, good product, can get better cheaper ones though!

As a starter for my mascara, I used No7 Extreme Length. I looooove this product, it seperates lashes really well and gives a lovely length, however my tube is running out sadly, so I use other mascaras on top! I use Maybelline's One by One, Volume Express, it's okay, I'm not keen on the brush though! It has a rubber brush applicator which I'm not too keen on, I feel as though it pulls on my eyelashes too much when I have a base mascara. I also feel it clumps them together a little bit, but it's great if you have some empty mascara with a good brush so you can separate them back out! Finally, I recently started using Maybelline's Collosal Volume Express Smoky Eyes. I adooooore this one! It separates your eyelashes out so, so well and creates lovely length and volume. Just a brilliant mascara :).



Face:
I start off using MUA's primer. A really good base product, leaves my face feeling and looking softer and more even, could probably get away with wearing just powder if you're looking for a more natural look. I also find their foundation to be really good, I personally find it looks quite oily though. Amazing price though, £4 for the primer, £2 for the foundation.
I next use Maybelline's (Superdrug often have a 2 for £10 offer on all Maybelline products hahaha) Dream Matte Mousse  in shade 005 Porcelain. Sadly, this isn't exactly the right shade for me, I wanted Ivory but picked this one up by accident! It is a fab product, leaves your skin looking and feeling soft, with good coverage and very easy to apply. I do change from using a mousse often as I find they can begin to make your skin a little dry, but so far so good. I definitely think the primer helps!
Finally I finish off the look with Rimmel's Stay Matte Pressed Powder in shade 001 Transparent. Rather inexpensive at £4. It leaves your skin looking matte and shine-free. I find this powder stays put much longer than other products I've used in the past. Definitely recommend this one!



Lips:
Rimmel's Lasting Finish Lipstick's are always a go-to for me! I used a shade called 'Alarm' in this photo and blended it in so not to give me an overloaded look as this can easily look too bright and a bit icky if it keeps getting applied! It feels nice, non-sticky and keeps your lips lovely and moisturised throughout the day.

2 comments:

  1. How much was the lipstick?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's £4.99 from Boots and Superdrug, but Rimmel often have good offers on, too :). X

      Delete

I really appreciate all comments left and take my time reading and replying to them all, thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...