Thursday 14 March 2013

favourite products UNDER £10




I've been quite naughty lately, and have neglected high street brands and gone more for high end, so this has definitely given me the incentive to head on to my local Boots and appreciate the beauty that is affordable make up products.

I didn't realise just how much I reached for my Colossal Volume Express Mascara until now. I use it nearly every day, it's perfect for creating effortless, separated, long lashes. Apply a couple more coats and you're set!

If I'm looking for more statement lashes, I nearly always reach for L'Oreal Volumnious 4X Mascara. I didn't expect much from quite a thin brush, but this never disappoints. It never clumps and it's really good to layer with, if I ever need to apply more later on.

Everyone loves a good MUA product, and their Flawless Skin Primer  has been a staple in my make up box recently. It creates a smooth, velvety base that isn't drying and really holds onto my foundation. On the subject of MUA, I adooooore the Matte Foundations that are like, £2! This is my go-to foundation when I just need some when I'm running a couple of errands, but don't need a full face. It's not really matte at all, it leaves me with a dewy finish, so I think maybe oily skinned people should look elsewhere. It's medium-full coverage is really thick, but easily blendable and covers all my blemishes. Definitely repurchasing. I needn't rave about the Brow Kit too much, as you're all aware of how incredible it is. I use it every day, a mixture of the dark and blonde powder and it rarely smudges. And that's all I'm gonna say about that!

A cult product, the Collection Lasting Perfection concealer will be a repurchase till the day they discontinue it. Okay so this shade is a little dark for me, but it blends so well it doesn't matter too much. It's perfect for under eyes and blemishes, you know, I don't know why I'm preaching to the choir!

Finally, most peoples go-to shade this Autumn/Winter, the Kate Moss Matte Lipstick in 107.This deep, wine shade flattered nearly every skin tone with it's blue undertones and was perfect day or night. I still wear this now. It's not drying, perfect for a statement lip, smells gorgeous and looks really, really nice... if I say so myself.

5 comments:

  1. You can't go wrong with the collection concealer and the kate rimmel lipsticks!

    A little bit Unique - Blog // Facebook // Bloglovin



    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the kate moss lippys too!!! I need to get the MUA brow kit I hear so many good things about it!!

    Love Chels from http://chelsschapman.blogspot.co.uk/ xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great picks, I really love the Kate Moss lipsticks too, and of course the Collection concealer!

    I've heard really great things about the MUA primer too, I'll have to pick one up next time I'm in Superdrug! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Collection concealer. Great budget picks :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have Kate Moss in 111 and I adore it! It is the perfect matte lipstick, I would love to try the other shades! :) x

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate all comments left and take my time reading and replying to them all, thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...