Thursday 19 March 2015

THE MATTE LIPS LOVE


I confess, I am a sucker for a matte lip. The glossy, shiny, even a slight sheen in a lip in enough to leave me looking weary eyed.

What's not to love? They are easy, smudge-proof, stick around through burger or beer and add statement to an unfinished face. Yes, yes sometimes they can be a bit drying, even the most expensive matte lipstick in my stash can leave my lips without the moisture they desire, but that's what balm was invented for. Above are just a few of my top picks, my favourite being Nars Cruella which I very kindly received in the lip set that everyone coveted over the Christmas period (thank you, Mike - I am eternally grateful).

Generally I'm a drugstore girl for lip products - don't get me wrong I have a couple of YSL, MAC and Clarins residing in my collection, but I don't find there are that many matte formulas out there in the high end world that really take my fancy. If you have any recommendations, leave some in the comments because I'm definitely in the market. The products I reach for the most are definitely the Bourjois Rouge Velvet ones. The isn't a dud shade in the line up and the formula is on point, it feels SO weird on the lips, it's very thin and barely there but the pigment is unbeatable. They're so comfortable and I definitely reach for them on a daily basis. My favourite shade is Nude-ist, it's not the one pictured above as I couldn't find it at the time (low and behold it was in my handbag - no surprise there) but if I'm ever stuck in a rut, not sure of what's going to look good, this is always a good bet.

Leave me your recommendations below! And if you have a non-matte lipstick that you think could convert me then I'll give it a go.








YOU CAN FIND HAYLEY LOVES ON TWITTER AND BLOGLOVIN 

3 comments:

  1. Fell in love with your blog! You do a great job! I know how much time it requires to keep updating your blog, but don’t stop doing it!)

    I’ll be happy to see you in my blog!)

    Diana Cloudlet
    http://www.dianacloudlet.com/

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate all comments left and take my time reading and replying to them all, thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...